Thanks for your interest in volunteering! Give back to the community by supporting recreational events, get involved and meet friends, or support a friend who is racing. Volunteers receive a free pint or buff; donuts and cider; and $15 off their next race with Michigan Adventure Racing. Email us if you have questions.
Schedule of Events
The plan is to hold at least four separate races on Saturday morning into Saturday afternoon. We are hoping to find volunteers who can stay for the full session if possible, from about 6:45 am until 1:30 pm, but we will break it into two shifts if needed.
Here are the primary roles for volunteers. You will have a chance to pick your preferred roles when you register.
1. Course monitors/marshals. Help runners stay on course if confused and call in injuries (bring mobile phone if you have one). Bring and ring a noisemaker, musical instrument or cowbell if you’d like.
2. Aid station volunteers. Mix Gatorade if not already done, pre-fill as many cups as possible, call out if you have water or Gatorade, hand to runners as they go by, pick up cups during and after race. Check fluid levels and arrange for floater volunteer to get more in advance if necessary.
3. Check-in volunteers and parking attendants. Handing out bibs and shirts.
4. Cider and donut prep and serving (tentative; racers may get on their own).
5. Pack up after the race. You can arrive during the race so your shift isn’t so long.