Give back to the community by supporting recreational events, get involved and meet friends, or support a friend who is racing. Volunteers receive a free shirt, pint or buff; donuts and cider; and $10/hr. credits for a future race with Michigan Adventure Racing. Email us if you have questions.
REGISTER here. Click on the Volunteer link to see the specific roles and times.
Following are the primary roles for volunteers. You will have a chance to pick your preferred roles when you register.
1. Course monitors/marshals. Help runners stay on course if confused and call in injuries (bring mobile phone if you have one). Bring and ring a noisemaker, musical instrument or cowbell if you’d like.
2. Aid station volunteers. Mix Gatorade if not already done, pre-fill as many cups as possible, call out if you have water or Gatorade, hand to runners as they go by, pick up cups during and after race. Check fluid levels and arrange for floater volunteer to get more in advance if necessary.
3. Check-in volunteers, parking attendants, traffic control.
4. Cider and donut prep and serving.
5. Course sweepers. Make sure all racers are accounted for. Pick up course signage and trash.